November saw the arrival of the first few proper rainy days and I couldn’t be more excited.
After a very warm October, Cyprus is finally ready to embrace what rest of Europe would consider autumn weather. Start of the month was pretty warm, sunny with not a single raindrop in sight. The second half of the month the autumn/winter finally arrived.
Last week, we had torrential rain and some of the most hostile thunderstorms I remember.
Our local high street in Coral Bay turned into a river as the sewage system couldn’t cope with the amount of water. The electricity in our house got messed up and mess from the beach and trees were covering the streets for a few days.
As it normally is with rainy days in Cyprus, they come and go pretty quickly. You can have a two-hour downpour in the morning, and glorious sun for rest of the day.
In general, the first half of November is pretty nice with warm days and slowly dropping temperatures, but the second half is pretty unpredictable.
Cyprus November Weather Recap
rainy days: 7 days, 3 very stormy days (Paphos only)
temperature: around 22 – 24 C during the day, end of the month dropping around 20C
night temperature: around 14C
sea temperature: not sure, but for me too cold for swimming
pool temperature: only advisable to enter for polar bears
Note > all photos below were taken this November. As I generally don’t walk around in a thunderstorm with my camera, I did not get any photos of the rainy days, but I will try my best in the next month to capture a bit more.
Cyprus: Recommended Day Trips & Experiences
If you’re looking for some cool experiences and day trips to get the most out of your stay in Cyprus, here are some recommended trips offered by local travel companies:
- Troodos Mountain Villages & Wineries Tours
- From Ayia Napa: Blue Lagoon Cruise with Swimming Stops
- From Ayia Napa: Enchanted Lagoon Jeep Safari
- Cyprus: Troodos Mountain Wine Tour with a Local
- From Nicosia: Famagusta and Ghost Town Tour
- From Paphos: Nicosia Sightseeing Tour with Hotel Transfer
- From Paphos: Guided tour of Limassol with Rock of Aphrodite
- From Paphos: Troodos, Paphos Forest, Kykkos, and Omodos Tour
- From Larnaca: Famagusta and Salamis Tour
- From Larnaca: Pafos and Kourion Coach Tour in English
- From Limassol: Kourion & Paphos Tour