Returning back from my winter hibernation with a quick weather update for January (for previous months check here).
I have to say, this January has been the worst in my 6 years on the island. We have had some pretty nasty storms and plenty of rain for weeks. The streets turned into canals with water flowing everywhere and lost electricity on a number of occasions due to the storms. If you’re considering flying over to Cyprus, this is probably the worst month to do so.
Most of the days in January, it was nearly impossible to go out even for a short walk. The strong winds and incoming clouds seemed like they will never leave and on a
Luckily, there is also plenty to look forward to in January. For example, the snow in
The average temperature in January was somewhere between 10-15C in the coast and below zero in the mountains. As strange as it sounds, we have already trees blooming and everything looks spectacularly green thanks to the rainy season. It’s as if spring has arrived just at the end of January. Not something I would complain about!
Until next time, stay warm wherever you are!
Cyprus: Recommended Day Trips & Experiences
If you’re looking for some cool experiences and day trips to get the most out of your stay in Cyprus, here are some recommended trips offered by local travel companies:
- Troodos Mountain Villages & Wineries Tours
- From Ayia Napa: Blue Lagoon Cruise with Swimming Stops
- From Ayia Napa: Enchanted Lagoon Jeep Safari
- Cyprus: Troodos Mountain Wine Tour with a Local
- From Nicosia: Famagusta and Ghost Town Tour
- From Paphos: Nicosia Sightseeing Tour with Hotel Transfer
- From Paphos: Guided tour of Limassol with Rock of Aphrodite
- From Paphos: Troodos, Paphos Forest, Kykkos, and Omodos Tour
- From Larnaca: Famagusta and Salamis Tour
- From Larnaca: Pafos and Kourion Coach Tour in English
- From Limassol: Kourion & Paphos Tour